Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lucy -Week 2

Just two weeks ago Lucy became a member of our pack. In such a short time she's brought so much to our world, including 8 squeaky little puppies! She went form a sweet lovable lug to protective Mama Bear & now has thankfully come around to being my buddy. It's taken some bribery but we're pals. She allows me to handle her puppies without out a growl. She still keep a close eye on me but has figured out I'm on her side ( after all I'm her maid, cook, belly rubber, gate keeper, & poop patroler) In the past 2 days she has been taking longer breaks from her li'l suckers to solicit attention for herself or curl up for some peace & quiet. She is eating for 9 & her appetite reflects it! I've been feeding her a combination of puppy food, yogurt, can food & honey. Yes, it looks as nasty as it sounds but she can't get enough of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment