Thursday, August 26, 2010

Jackpot Jasmine

In the world of "Dogie Lotto" Jasmine is a Golden Ticket. We had no idea how neurotic our Shih Tzu Missy was until Jasmine came to live with us. She makes Missy look like a basket case. Jasmine's personality is so mellow, calm & stable. At first she would get a little freaked out left alone. All she knew in her life had vanished, so it's not surprising she was a little insecure at first, but that has all changed now!!! The first few days I keep her leashed to me. Now she follows me around like a shadow. She isn't annoying trying to get attention, she just likes to be around people. She will chill out in her dogie bed & snooze or chew on her bone. She hasn't chewed anything except her bone, not even her toys. She likes to play fetch for a little while but would rather curl up in my lap. She doesn't wait for an invitation. As soon as anyone sits on the floor she see a new snuggle spot & curls up. She greets guests with interest & mild excitement. Yesterday my in-laws came to visit. She gave a whisper "woof" when they knocked, then gave them a quick sniff down once they were in the door. While we visited she lounged  in her bed sleeping until they left. While we were saying our good-byes she jumped into their car & was ready to go home with them (aren't dogs supposed to be loyal?) Jasmine has been going to work with me for a few hours a day this week. She has been an angel in the car & the office. She has shown less ear rubbing so I believe her infections are healing. She lets me wash our her ears & apply drop without to much complaint. She loves the ear rubbing part. I've been giving her 1/4 c. yogurt daily to counter the incidence of yeast infections common if floppy ear dogs. My husband has taken as strong liking to sweet Jasmine & that's an uncommon occurrence. In jest, he's threatened to keep Jasmine an adopt Missy out...not happening!! Any poor soul who ended up with Missy would surely return her promptly. Jasmine, on the other hand is a keeper! As much as we'd love to make her a permanent member of our family, that is counter productive for the "Fostering" concept. As soon as Jasmine, Lucy & the Nemo Litter find homes we'll then be able to help another equally deserving dog. Unfortunately those are in ample supply.

1 comment:

  1. I don't play the lottery but I am praying I win a chance to meet this charming 'Golden Ticket'. These days Jasmine is always in my thoughts. Keep up the good work, being a Foster Mama can't be easy. They should make a vaccine for puppy breath! Each good-bye must be bitter-sweet.

    ReplyDelete