Monday, August 16, 2010

"Bagel" World -Day 3

I didn’t think the hound world was so different from the other dog circles I’d been in...until now. I’ve learned “Belly-flops”aren’t just for the pool. When a Basset decides to opt out of your suggestion they flop as an indication. “Bagels” aren't only delicious with cream cheese, but the yummy cross between a Basset & Beagle.

Today is day 3 of our life with Lucy but you’d never know it. She’s made herself at home quickly. Yesterday she gave us a little action in our lazy Sunday. While I was mid-sentence boasting of her sweet personality she discovered a petrified dead mole in the pasture. My husband & I did all we could to pry it out of her clenches as she belly-flopped & casually gazed at us. My husband manage to break off the exposed parts. Lucy promptly inhaled it in 2 effortless gulps. She then looked up at us as if to say “Thanks for the help, I was wondering how to get that down whole.” (we don’t use D-con & our property abuts an organic herb farm, so we weren’t overly concerned about poison) Poop-patrol reports no cause for alarm. Her digestive system is quite efficient.

We lovingly refer to Lucy as “Garbage Gut”. Perhaps she isn’t pregnant after all? Maybe the squirming we see in her belly is a family of squirrels she swallowed alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment